:: The Halkirk Highland Games

The Halkirk Highland Games, a traditional and spectacular Scottish sporting event started in 1886, is held in Caithness in the far North of Scotland, near to Thurso and the famous end of the road landmark of John O'Groats. It is always held on the last Saturday in July and attracts crowds of up to 4,000.

The Games is the premiere sporting event in the North of Scotland. The prize money of over 22,000 is the best in Scotland and attracts the country's best amateur and professional competitors. There are 3 Scottish Championship titles to be won on the day: 16lb Scots Hammer, 800m open cycle race & 1,600m junior cycle race.

:: Continue reading here

30th July 2016
  • New 2015 summary Report is now available by clicking here.

:: 2009 Videos

:: Information
:: Reports
:: Results
:: Trophies
:: Photos

Visit our Facebook page